"Failed to create notebook server" when I use notebook in ArcGIS Pro 2.5

04-25-2020 11:23 PM
WanzhiXiao
New Contributor

When I use the Jupyter notebook in ArcGIS Pro 2.5, it shows "Failed to create notebook server". I don't why and I can't fix it. Does anyone meet the same question? Can someone help me fix this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnaVillaran
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. Did you get any luck??

0 Kudos
WanzhiXiao
New Contributor

I've already fixed that problem by reinstalling ArcGIS Pro. It turns out that I installed some external python libraries somehow broke the usage of Jupyter notebook.You can have a try. Hope that can help you

17级水文及水资源姜欣彤

|

|

jxt_ouc@163.com

|

签名由网易邮箱大师定制

On 6/9/2020 01:01,Ana Villaran<geonet@esri.com> wrote:

|

|

GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community

|

|

Re: "Failed to create notebook server" when I use notebook in ArcGIS Pro 2.5

reply from Ana Villaran in ArcGIS Pro - View the full discussion

I am having the same problem. Did you get any luck??

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet, The Esri Community

GIS and Geospatial Professional Community

Start a new discussion in ArcGIS Pro by email or at GeoNet, The Esri Community

GIS and Geospatial Professional Community

Following Re: "Failed to create notebook server" when I use notebook in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

|

0 Kudos
Bastien
New Contributor II

I had the same problem on AGP 2.7. My previous python environment was mess up (I've used pip to add some unavailable package under conda, I guess that conda do not liked that).

So to solve the problem: 

1) I've deleted all the previously installed environments under %appdata%/local/esri/conda/envs

2) I've cloned the default python environment of arcgis

3) I've choosed the new cloned environment as my default python env. 

Everything works fine now (but of course all the non-standard package have to be reinstalled)