Select to view content in your preferred language

"ArcGIS Pro has encountered as serious application error and is unable to continue."

04-19-2017 01:30 PM
GusHernandez
Deactivated User

Hello,

I know topic has been posted fairly often, however, I am wondering if there are any troubleshooting steps for the newest version of ArcGIS Pro 1.4 to mitigate the above error. My .NET framework and (confirmed to be compatible) video card driver are both up to date.

Some background: I was using ArcGIS Pro for a couple of days with no problem. Then yesterday, it randomly crashed, and now upon opening the application I immediately receive the error reporting screen. Since then, I have been in contact with ESRI technical support, and have yet to resolve the issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the Arc products on the computer, and still have not had success. ArcMap, Catalog, etc. were all running fine and continued to open.

I also had Drone2Map processing in the background when this happened, however, which also crashed. In terms of that software, I am able to access the project selection screen, but when i try to open my existing project, it would just close. That is probably an issue for another thread, but I figured I'd include it in case it was relevant to this issue.

Please help!

17 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Works with this setup

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

The latest M$ Update also broke symantec AV. Unfortunately for most of us, rolling back M$ security updates is not an option in organizations that employ security models. 

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

What verison of net framework do you have installed?

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

.NET Framework 4.7.1 was installed, see my post above.

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Another customer reported this with net frame work 4.7.1 exdeagle-co-nz-esridist

ShawnBowers
Regular Contributor

I can also attest that we have this issue in our organization.  Our users are running Windows 7 Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and when our IT rolled out .NET 4.7.1 last week our users get that error on start up.  I rolled my machine back to 4.7 and it did fix the issue but IT will not mass roll back these updates so we will need some sort of resolution.

*Followup* - I was able to use workaround #3 in this post and get all of our machines working.  https://github.com/dotnet/announcements/issues/53  The only issue is that users will have to have at Local Admin or permissions to write to the Windows sub-directory.

TrevorLong
New Contributor

I have a user reporting this error coming up every hour without Pro even running.

Windows 7, .NET 4.6.1.  They tried upgrading to 4.7.1 and the issue still happens.  They are going to try uninstalling at this point.

0 Kudos
BarryKronenfeld1
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue on my home laptop, not every hour but every day or so. The application usually runs fine, but I get this error even when I haven't run ArcGIS Pro since the last reboot. Not a big enough problem for me to search through and try all these fixes, but it's making me leery of switching to ArcGIS Pro in the classroom...

0 Kudos