Publishing to ArcServer from ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 12:48 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have published many feature classes to ArcServer using desktop, as I am almost exclusively using ArcPro now and would really like to know if there is a way to publish from Pro.  I keep having to do the work in Pro and then use desktop to publish the service.

Anybody know if there is a way to publish from Pro and if so how?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am running Pro 2.8.1.  We aren't using Enterprise, just the Standalone server.  Maybe that is the problem?  I'm going to put a case in with Esri Technical Support later today.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Most publication workflows don't involve an admin connection, although they can be done with an admin connection.  If you cannot change the connection type, it is likely your credentials don't have the level of access you are seeking.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do have the credentials, I'm one of our admins.  I regularly publish from ArcMap, just trying to set it up to publish from Pro.

pkorst_coa
New Contributor III

Hi Gary.

Did you or ESRI find a solution to the issue so that you could publish a service directly from Pro?

If so, would you be able to share the details?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appears that my organization's ArcServer needs to be updated.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! We are having the same problem. Earlier in the year, we were able to publish from ArcPro to our local server. Has anyone found a solution? Has this capability been removed?