Project fails to save

Jump to solution
01-31-2021 06:58 AM
BenJackson
New Contributor II

Unable to save my arcGIS pro project. I'm on 2.4, opening a project made in 2.6. I followed all the suggestions in the ESRI article with on success (https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000014643). My error is simply "Failed to Save project [project name]".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If all the data are local and you can't save the file to your local computer, then you will have to contact Tech Support.

If some of your data are not local (ie server, web etc) it could be a permissions or access thing, so contact within your organization would be the first course of action, then Tech Support

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Save a project—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and you didn't indicate whether you saved it to a local folder, and with a new name.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

Is it possible to upgrade your version? There are a lot of differences between 2.6 and 2.4!

Excelsior.
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Frequent Contributor

Is the project (i.e. *.aprx) on a network drive?  There's an old ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4 BUG-000119997 - Unable to save a project file if the *.aprx file and data exist on a network drive after a network restart."

Agree with Mary - if you can upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.6 or even better, ArcGIS Pro 2.7 that would be helpful.  Then open the *.aprx and attempt the save operation again.

0 Kudos
BenJackson
New Contributor II

I'll answer in turn from top downwards.
> I tried saving using a different filename, in the same folder, in a different folder, etc etc. The link doesn't particularly help.

> I'd love to upgrade, but I cannot, as the software cannot find any updates. I assume it is because it is administrated by my organisation.

> My project is saved on the local drive. So that won't help unfortunately. I also tried saving on an external drive and that didn't work.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If all the data are local and you can't save the file to your local computer, then you will have to contact Tech Support.

If some of your data are not local (ie server, web etc) it could be a permissions or access thing, so contact within your organization would be the first course of action, then Tech Support

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

Are you attempting to Save the version, or Save As?

Excelsior.
0 Kudos