Problems with symbology based on Arcade in ArcGIS Pro 2.2

Jump to solution
06-29-2018 06:45 AM
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I have a project that I created in the previous version of ArcGIS Pro, but after updating to 2.2 it does not visualize the symbology based on Arcade. Perhaps a glitch I thought so I created a new project, added the featureclass and defined Unique Values and created the expression based on a script I have used before (see: Visualizar el esquema de barrido y el próximo barrido en una ventana emergente con Arcade ). 

Arcade expression:

var dct_schedule = {'L-J': [0, 3], 'M-V': [1, 4], 'W-S': [2, 5], 'LWV': [0, 2, 4], 'MJS': [1, 3, 5], 'LaS': [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]};
var lst_schedule = dct_schedule[$feature.FRECUENCIA];

var resultado = 'Otro día';
var dia_actual = Weekday(Now()) -1;
var test = IndexOf(lst_schedule, dia_actual);

if (test != -1) {
       resultado = 'Barrido hoy';
} else {
       resultado = 'Barrido otro día';
}

return resultado;

When I validate the expression it validates OK:

However, when I apply the expression this happens:

I notice that the buttons present in the Symbology pane have changed, but did something change to the underlying support for Arcade expressions?

CC Kory Kramer 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, Xander.  New day.  Fresh mind...

It looks like it is the Format units that are causing this:

Set to Spanish (Colombia) the Arcade script isn't interpreted correctly.  Above, note that my region is still set to United States.  When I switch the format back to English (United States), the expression works again.

After reading through the bug again (BUG-000117086) it is the same thing. Change your Format to English (United States) and confirm if the expression then works (I think you'll need to close the project and re-open it.

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Will do, but I'm in a training at this moment. Will post back after trying your recommendations

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

We've checked and this is fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 which should be available in late January/early February.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

this issue still exists for me (using ArcGIS PRO 2.8.0)

0 Kudos