Problems with Geoprocessing Tools after upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1

02-27-2021 12:49 PM
Labels (1)
Marc_Ali
New Contributor II

Hello all, I'm a student  using a ArcGIS Pro for a research project. I've recently upgraded my desktop to ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1 and now I have some problems with geoprocessing tools using Model Builder or not. For example,  when I run the "Project Raster" tool, this happens:

ProjectRasterToolProblem.jpg

Running this tool "completed" but the amount of time it took to complete them were surprisingly short. Raster datasets the size of three states took 5-10 seconds to complete. Most of the time, data in my attribute tables would disappear or be reduced to 1-2 rows. Additionally, the layer would show up in the Contents, but no layer could be seen in the actual map, or a strange, large, bicolor rectangle would show up on the map like above.

I set up an entirely new project to test other geoprocessing tools I might use. This time I tested the "Mosaic To New Raster" tool. All rasters to be mosaiced came from the same source, so same number of columns, rows, cell size, format, geographic coordinate system, etc. I didn't change any these, just simply wanted to mosaic them so I could use the "Clip Raster" tool to my preferred extent. This is what happened:

MosaicToRasterToolProblem.jpg

All of these issues occurred after I updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1. Does anyone know what might be happening and how I can fix this? Your help is sincerely appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try windows add/remove programs, select Remove, then Repair.

You could have a bad update.

If that doesn't work, then you might have to do a real cleanup

Problem: ArcGIS Pro freezes on the initializing screen before the Sign In dialog box displays (esri....

It covers more than startup issues.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Marc_Ali
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately I encountered an issue which it seems many other people have as well. The Repair process was unable to locate the ArcGISPro.msi file, so i was unable to complete it. I would try the second thing you recommended, but I have a student license and I'm not sure I will be able to re-install again after uninstalling.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The next time you download, save the *.exe to your local machine in a known folder.

When you double-click on the exe, it unzips the *.msi and *.cab files which are used during the installation process.

I never use the c:\users.... folder, make your own like c:\software\arcgispro  and use it for associated files.

Your administrator for your licenses should be able to assist you if you have issues.

Good luck.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Marc_Ali
New Contributor II

Thank you for that recommendation and taking the time to respond to my post. Much appreciated

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

What Windows version do you use?

0 Kudos
Marc_Ali
New Contributor II

I'm using 64-bit Windows 10

0 Kudos