Problems with authorization ArcGIS Pro Personal Use. Please help

03-15-2017 05:30 AM
SashaLeyberyuk
New Contributor II

How authorize ArcGIS Pro 1.3 personal use, the site My ESRI under no such authorization functions (although ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 is such an opportunity, and it works fine). How can I authorize ArcGIS pro through ArcGIS Online?

35 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Cannot add user to subscription. Items and Groups cannot be moved into this type of subscription. 

Error: Cannot add user to subscription. Items and Groups cannot be moved into this type of subscript... 

I realize that this is now after the fact and you've already created a new username, but it appears that if any items or groups that had been in the Public account had been removed, you would have been able to use the same username with the Personal use subscription (referred to in those links above as a Home use subscription).

Hope this helps clarify the situation.  Thank you for providing the error to help get to the bottom of what happened.

NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you.

It seems weird that moving files from one location to another could be such a problem? 

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Join organization—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS This document may have been helpful to try, but I am now unable to test this since I have activated my subscription with a new account.

0 Kudos
DavidAskov2
New Contributor

I couldn't figure this out via a LOT of clicking around my.esri.com. I eventually went back through my email from when I signed up. I found a link to my "Fulfillment Page" that got me what I needed. That fulfillment page is also at my.esri.com, but it opens with a special code in the URL. Once I found that, there were still quite a few steps, but the instructions were pretty clear.

The overview of the process from the fulfillment page is to: 

1. Create an ArcGIS Online organization
  2. Create a user at your new organization
  3. Log in to your Organizational AGOL account and authorize yourself for ArcGIS Pro
  4. When you open Pro, log in as an enterprise account. Enter your organization's prefix, and then log in with the account created in step 2. 
CatherineHelm-Clark
New Contributor

THANK YOU! That actually worked. Why the personal use lic. instructions don't say this is beyond me because it would have saved me a world of frustration.

0 Kudos
MARIANOPEREZ
New Contributor

I have a question regarding those steps in the fulfillment page... What if we don't want to create a new organization? 

We have an AGOL organization and I would like to assign this home pro license to a member whithin our AGOL organization. would be that possible? 

If I create a new AGOL organization, I understand that I wont be able to access to the content in the previous AGOL organization when I sign in using this new user credential inside the "new" AGOL organization. Does that make sense?