Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with absolute X, Y, Z tool

8 hours ago
EDUARDOARDILARINCON
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone!!

Today's question is related with Absolute X, Y, Z tool. I'm having some issues when I try to create a point based on its geographic coordinates (WGS-84). I'm right-clicking at a random location on the map and after thar I execute the Absolute X, Y, Z tool, the current coordinates appear:

EDUARDOARDILARINCON_0-1725049346020.png

But when I try to change them (even only moving the cursor) all the text boxes turn into red, indicating some input or format error.

EDUARDOARDILARINCON_1-1725049376175.png

However, when I put the º, ' and " characters the error disappears...

EDUARDOARDILARINCON_2-1725049410965.png

I did the exact same process in another computer and there is no need to add any symbol to the coordinates, just letting a space between degrees minutes and seconds the tool works fine.

I highly appreciate if you have any suggestion abut this, cuz typing the additional symbols is a time-consuming process when you enter lots of manual points.

Thank you all!!

1 Reply
ThomasHoman
Occasional Contributor III

Are the 2 machines running different versions of pro?

Requiring the special characters just makes huge problems of efficient data entry practices so hopefully the special character requirements are not a 'new' feature. My normal work flow is to convert any DMS values into decimal degrees for speed/accuracy of data entry, needing just the 10key part of the keyboard. dd = D + (M/60) + (S/3600)

Tom

0 Kudos