Problem while importing 3d models in ArcGIS Pro

01-17-2016 11:09 PM
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Hi all !!

I am a newbee in ArcGIS Pro. I am trying to import some 3D models in the format of .3ds and .dae.

I created a multipatch feature class and importing the models. I have not facing any issues while importing smaller models(<20 MB). But when I am trying to import large models like 30mb or 90mb(>20 mb), ArcGIS Pro crashes.

I have a system configuration of 8 GB RAM with 3.20GHz i5 processor.

Please help me through this issue.

Thanks

Arun@

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanielAndia
New Contributor II

How was this problem solved? I have a similar one, my model weighs 560 MB, only the dae with all textures weighs 2.46 GB. The import 3D files tool does not do its job.

0 Kudos
DanielAndia
New Contributor II

hello everyone I have improved my machine remarkably, with a video card geforce gtx 1060 6gb, ram memory of 24 gb, intel core i7 processor but still the tool import 3D files can not export my dae model to a multipatch, which solution could give it, as mentioned above, my model weighs 560 MB and with everything and textures weighs 2.46 GB; Thank you very much for helping me to find the possible solution to my problem.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Daniel,

As suggested above please provide repro case to Esri Support so a developer may evaluate why this DAE fails to import.

J

0 Kudos