Problem reclassifying LAS data in ArcGIS Pro

12-08-2022 12:19 PM
Labels (1)
PueblodeSanIldefonsoGIS
New Contributor

I am having trouble with the Classify LAS Ground tool in the 3D Analyst Toolset. I downloaded LAZ files from the USGS national map downloader and brought them into ArcGIS Pro. I used laszip to uncompress the LAZ files into LAS.

In my experience prior, the LAS files come classified already. When I load all of the LAS files into a LAS dataset most of them are classified already though some of the tiles are not. Trying to remedy this I run the Classify LAS Ground tool which runs successfully but it doesn't seem to actually classify ground in the tiles that were unclassified to begin with. I have tried Aggressive, Conservative, and standard classification methods and all three have yielded the same outcome.

Hopefully I'm just missing something.

I've included some pictures to try to help make it more clear. The first shows one of the tiles where every LAS point is unclassified and part of a neighboring tile with classified points. The second shows that I have all classification codes active. The third shows the Classify LAS Ground tool having succeeded but the points still not being classified as ground.

0 Replies