Pro: Annotation Not Showing Up In PDF After Exporting

Jump to solution
12-12-2019 11:11 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I converted a single layers labels to annotation. It's the black label.

When I share/export the layout to PDF the label is no longer there.

It only does this with annotation?? All the other feature layer's labels show up in the PDF. I've tried exporting to SVG then opening in Inkscape, and the annotation is there. But, if I save to PDF from Inkscape the resolution is not nearly as good. Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

One of the things I noticed about Pro is it hates anything new.  After you created your custom paper size save the project, close it, reopen it and try again selecting the custom paper size you created earlier.  If I remember correctly I had the same problem and that fixed it for me.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

Have you tried printing to a PDF instead of exporting?  It's a work around I have to do when I have transparent mosaics.

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I have not. Doing that, I can't seem to have it print the right size. In the Preferences menu I even changed it to the actual size of the map.

Both of these options end up giving me a PDF with no where near the actual size of the map:

0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

One of the things I noticed about Pro is it hates anything new.  After you created your custom paper size save the project, close it, reopen it and try again selecting the custom paper size you created earlier.  If I remember correctly I had the same problem and that fixed it for me.  

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Matthew. I print maps all the time from Pro via Adobe. I've never had to deal with that before. I did what you said, and it seems to have worked itself out??

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had problems with exporting to PDF as Image. Occasionally, Pro fails to export one or more layers to the PDF image. I find that I have to save the project and reopen it to get all layers to export to the image. I'm not sure what causes this behavior.