Pro 2.9.2 crashing when clicking on a symbol or opening the symbology window

Jump to solution
09-22-2022 01:45 PM
Labels (1)
PiperMcKinnon1
New Contributor III

Starting mid-day today all users in our organization are experiencing crashes of Pro 2.9.2 when we attempt any interaction with symbology, whether by clicking in the Contents pane or opening the Symbology pane. We have tried some fixes found in older posts and bug reports, including changing the rendering engine to OpenGL, clearing the display cache and running a repair, all to no avail. We will look into whether there have been OS or network changes next, but are wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue appear.

104 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Is there a reason you haven't been able to apply 2.9 Patch 5 which contains the fix to this crash?

SeanCarson
New Contributor II

Some users and agencies may be restricted by GIS and/or IT policies and privileges.

MarkJacobi1
New Contributor III

The patch worked great for us (so far). We did instruct our installers to re-scan and remove log4j things that had previously caused our machines to get kicked off of our network.  

LesliRawlings
New Contributor II

My organization provided us with an install .NET 4.8.1 it worked for about a week and 12/1/2022 it ArcGISPro 2.9.3 is crashing when changing the symbology on vector data. Do I need to download a patch from Esri to upgrade to 2.9.5?  If so, where are the patches?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

You should be able to download the patches from My Esri, https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000018698, or if you organization allows you from within the Pro client.

--- George T.
LuisOsmundoTorresSam
New Contributor

I have problem changing simbology. I need help

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Are you on Pro 2.8 or 2.9? If so, have you installed the corresponding patch that fixes the crash? (i.e. 2.8.8 or 2.9.5)

LuisOsmundoTorresSam
New Contributor

How do I do that?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GoWest
by
New Contributor III

Installing patch ArcGIS_Pro_295_181689.msp fixed it for me.  😊

Every time I attempted to open the symbology window ArcPro would crash.