Pro 2.6 Domain Usage tool doesn't pick up new or updated domains

12-09-2020 07:43 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using Pro 2.6.3, after I update the name of a Domain or create a new one and then assign it to a field in a featureclass, the Domain Usage tool fails to pickup the use of the domain by the field/featureclass.

I've tried refreshing the database after making the change which didn't help. If I close Pro and open a new project the Domain Usage tool still doesn't pick up on the changes.

@KoryKramer 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Is this an enterprise geodatabase or a file geodatabase?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's an Enterprise Geodatabase, 10.5.1 on SQL Server 2014 SP3.

I'm finding the Domain Usage tool works fine for existing domains and recognises when fields have an existing domain removed, but if a field has a domain added it doesn't show this in the dataset list. When a domain name is edited, the Domain Usage tool won't correctly report anything or for newly created domains.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Mark,

I looked at this in Pro 2.7 using a SQL Server 2016 geodatabase and removing or adding a domain to a field is reflected in the Domain Usage pane immediately without having to close and re-open the pane.

I did see that if I actually renamed a domain while the Domain Usage pane was open, it was necessary to click the Domain Usage button on the ribbon after saving the updated domain name in order to refresh and reflect the updated domain name in the pane.

KoryKramer_0-1608662118736.png

I'd say that the best thing to do would be to test in Pro 2.7, but since you said you're on SQL Server 2014, it doesn't look like that is supported (https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/database-requirements-sqlserver.htm

So I don't think we could have confidence in any results... Are you planning to upgrade your SQL Server version soon?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Kory; hopefully it's just a 2014 SQL Server issue. We are wanting to get off SQL 2014 but are waiting for a wider SQL cluster upgrade. Here's how it looks for me in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3. I renamed the domain over a week ago and it's still not picking up the change using the Domain Usage tool.

MarkPeacey1_0-1608688835654.png

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

SQL Server 2014 is supported with ArcGIS Pro 2.6 so if this isn't working, it would probably be best to work with technical support to investigate.

0 Kudos