Pro 1.2 Beta authorized for offline now fails to open.

03-05-2016 11:11 AM
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there

Since the launch of ArcGIS Pro on the 2 March, I have been unable to open my ArcGIS Pro 1.2 Beta that I had authorized to work offline.

When trying to open Pro, I first get asked to sign in as Pro wants to access my ArcGIS Online account information (even though license is offline). Then once I have provided my online details, I am told that "The account cannot be used to authorize ArcGIS Pro as it has already been configured to use in offline mode on some other device".

I simply want to login to deauthorize my account for offline use so that I can upgrade to Pro 1.2.

I was advised to uninstall my Beta software, reinstall Pro 1.1, then try and deauthorise to work offline. I am hesitant to do so as I dont want to loose/corrupt my named user account (possible?).

I suspect I am not alone in this predicament and I am hoping somebody else may have found a workaround for this or should I install Pro 1.1?

Regards

Mervyn

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there

I just want to provide an update .... uninstalling Pro 1.2 Beta and then reinstalling Pro 1.1 did not work and Esri Tech support had to resent my licence.

Regards

Mervyn

0 Kudos