Select to view content in your preferred language

Pop-up Listing All Features in Selection Layer

08-19-2024 12:01 PM
Jason_Celeste
Emerging Contributor

Working in Pro version 3.3.1. When I identify a feature in a selection layer with the explore tool, it lists all features in the selection layer in the top of the pop-up and displays only the top feature no matter which feature you click on. If I turn the selection layer off and ID the same feature in the source layer, the pop-up displays only the feature I clicked on (like it should). A colleague also running 3.3.1 is experiencing the same behavior. I opened the same project on a different computer running 3.2.2 and the pop-up will only display the feature clicked on in the selection layer (like it should). 

My settings are the same on both computers. 

Popup_Selection_Layer.jpgPopup_Layer.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @Jason_Celeste 

I have version 3.3.1 as well and I am not experiencing the same issue oddly. When I click on a feature that is stacked with another of the same layer, multiple will pop up, but I'm not sure if that's what you're describing. I was curious if your explore settings may be different than mine?

CodyPatterson_0-1724100262264.png

I was wondering if you could check these settings here to see if this may fix your issue.

Cody

0 Kudos
Jason_Celeste
Emerging Contributor

@CodyPatterson Thanks for the insight. Not quite the same issue I'm having. I'm not stacking any layers. I'm trying to id one feature at a time in a layer I created from selected features in another layer. See video. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This is BUG-000168426 - "In ArcGIS Pro 3.3, when a feature in a (temporary) layer made up of selected features (created by first making a selection of features on a feature layer using Select By Attributes, right-clicking the layer and then clicking Selection and Make Layer From Selected Features) is selected by the Explore tool (by left-click), the corresponding pop-out shows attributes for all the features within the layer and not just for the selected feature."

It's currently under review by tech support.