Select to view content in your preferred language

Out of date basemap default imagery August 2024

08-01-2024 09:50 AM
tmo
by
New Contributor III

I have an exhibit map that I need to create and it contains an old image.

The location currently has the previous buildings demolished and is a vacant lot, this is shown as on google maps. See below (Violin Canyon Rd & Van Gorder Way):

tmo_0-1722530661148.png

This was addressed to me a couple of months ago and I explained that according to an ESRI source on Google the ESRI imagery data will update every 3 weeks. However this has not been the case for this area.

Here is the same location using Arc Pro's default basemap imagery even after the 3.3 update:

tmo_1-1722530853055.png

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am considering screenshotting Google Maps and adding it to the map product, something I do not wish to do.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

If you want an updated image for that area, you'll need to apply some "image patching" as you said.

Not certain of your field of work but if you work for a state agency or a city/local government organization you may be able to get a database connection with a more up-to-date image. If you're solely relying on ESRI's basemap you will likely be waiting much longer than 3 weeks.

Good luck.

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

For starters, you can highlight the area in the Imagery Map Feedback app to let ESRI know it should consider updating that area. Your deadline will likely come up before ESRI actually does anything.

As Eugene mentions, you can see if any County or State agencies have any ortho resources that you could leverage to cover this.

Short of these, you could consider purchasing an image through Sky-Fi. If they have an existing image in their collection, the turnaround on that is usually 24 hours. They do have an area minimum for ordering and it varies depending on image resolution but it's not that bad.

I swear there was an announcement at the ESRI UC about integrating Sky-Fi's holdings into AGOL (likely as Premium content?) but I can't recall the specifics  or find them with a quick search.