Order of tables and layers in a service published from ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-31-2022 06:16 AM
LarisaJohnstone
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a very specific and unique question that I could not find an answer to regarding the order of layers or tables of a service  published from Arc Pro to  ArcGIS Enterprise.

I have a large Pro Project that has about 180 layers and about 21 tables in it that I have published out as a service for ArcGIS Enterprise. This service is use for a Geocortex App that we have developed for internal staff use.

I know that I cannot change the order of the layers in the published service as it will disrupt some workflows we have running on certain layers (because of the defined layer ID).

I need to add more feature classes to the project and republish, but it will not let me add layer under "underneath" or below the tables. the tables have rest end point layers id in the service too. My question is... how do I add a few more layers and NOT mess up the layer IDs of the tables when I republish? 

I am not sure if this makes sense. Here is a snap shot of the rest end point layer IDs.:  as you can see...there is no real gap between the id numbers.

LarisaJohnstone_0-1643638402314.png

any help would be great! Thanks

Larisa

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you originally published this, did you have the "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers" options checked? This option, in the Map Properties dialog, lets you manually set the IDs of each of the layers so they aren't automatically generated and changed when layers are added.

ids.png

View solution in original post

JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Larisa,

@KenBuja's response was spot-on. Here is the help documentation: Assign layer IDs

Before overwriting web layers, please see this section: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/overwrite-a-web-layer.htm#GUID-F229B4...

Best,

Jonah

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you originally published this, did you have the "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers" options checked? This option, in the Map Properties dialog, lets you manually set the IDs of each of the layers so they aren't automatically generated and changed when layers are added.

ids.png

LarisaJohnstone
New Contributor III

wow! I did not even know that was an option. I am so glad that you pointed that out to me....so I did not do that. 

So basically if I don't check that off, I can assign the ID's myself?  With some reshuffling of workflow ids and a republish I think this will work.  one question...if I republish now and uncheck that option...will they stay the way they are if I don't change the order? 

THANK YOU

0 Kudos
LarisaJohnstone
New Contributor III

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

0 Kudos
LarisaJohnstone
New Contributor III

sorry, one more thing, do you know if there is any documentation on this? 

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Larisa,

@KenBuja's response was spot-on. Here is the help documentation: Assign layer IDs

Before overwriting web layers, please see this section: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/overwrite-a-web-layer.htm#GUID-F229B4...

Best,

Jonah

LarisaJohnstone
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for the links @JonahLay !  and thank you @KenBuja this is super helpful. 

I appreciate your time.

0 Kudos