On mosaic layer i can only set the definition query once.

08-31-2017 08:41 PM
mikeharol
New Contributor III

In order to reset I have to remove the mosaic layer and add it again, then the same problem I only have a chance to set def qry once. This seems to be a bug in arcgis pro.  this doesn't happen with arcgis 10.5 works as expected.  Please let me know if there is a work around.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mikeharol
New Contributor III

I thought I would elaborate as I haven't heard anything although I have been a little busy in the Houston flood.  If I set the Definition Query to the expression OBJECTID < 200 I get back the correct result set.  I then try to change the definition Query to OBJECTID = 168 and that result set returns. Then I try OBJECTID >= 0 and also i tried with no definition Query and no results return I expected all results. It seems I can only requery the returned result set.  My Mosaic Layer source is a Mosaic Dataset in a local file geodatabase.  This is not expected behavior. I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.01.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Mike... where are you setting it?  I would expect a query to be kept to allow for subqueries unless the previous query was cleared... do you have an image of where you are setting it?

0 Kudos
mikeharol
New Contributor III

It allows a new definition query that is a subset of the first definition query but does not allow to be cleared or a new definition query that is not inclusive of the first definition query.  Below is picture of where i am setting the definition query.  Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so the clear button above ok, only clears what is in the dialog and not the original is what you are saying then... that is strange, one would expect a global clear option

0 Kudos
mikeharol
New Contributor III

in arcmap it clears to original dataset.  I think this is related to arcgis Pro

0 Kudos