offline clone ArcPython environment -Cloning environment failed in Arcgis Pro.

10-07-2019 01:04 AM
RahulMehta
New Contributor II
what we need is offline cloning

We were trying to deploy Azure SDK for Python and ESRI recommends to first clone existing ArcPython environment and then add packages. Cloning environment failed in Arcgis Pro. We understand that it is trying to download packages from internet, which is not available on the machine to clone the environment.

- Please provide list of packages/downloads required from internet, so that we can download it for offline installation.

- configuration changes required on ArcGIS pro, so that while cloning environment, it does not look on internet, instead picks packages from local.

Get below error on cloning Python Environment:
CondaError: CondaHTTPError: HTTP 000 CONNECTION FAILED for url <https://conda.anaconda.org/esri/win-64/arcgispro-2.3-0.tar.bz2>
Elapsed: -
An HTTP error occurred when trying to retrieve this URL.
HTTP errors are often intermittent, and a simple retry will get you on your way.
CondaError: CondaHTTPError: HTTP 000 CONNECTION FAILED for url <https://conda.anaconda.org/esri/win-64/arcgispro-2.3-0.tar.bz2>
HTTP errors are often intermittent, and a simple retry will get you on your way.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is Pro is installed on the machine you are trying to produce the clone on?

Basic instructions

Python Package Manager—ArcPy Get Started | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
RahulMehta
New Contributor II

yes Pro is installed and I am using it to add Raster to dataset, Publish etc successfully : ArcPro 2.3.3 and have followed basic instruction and above error comes.

As we don't have internet access will need to do offline installation

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You will have to download the tar.bz file on a computer connected to the internet,

You will also need internet connection to download the packages required in any event and ensure that Pro is licensed to work offline

Start ArcGIS Pro with a Named User license—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

If you didn't run a "conda clean --all", check your original machine in the

C:\Users\Some_User_Name\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\pkgs

For the original packages

0 Kudos
RahulMehta
New Contributor II

I have not yet ran conda clean --all yet.

as per your comment You will also need internet connection to download the packages required in any event --

so does that mean we cannot clone without internet, the main questionI have posted with error. 

1) so does that mean we cannot clone without internet?

Is this the way out/option? :

2) Send me packages it downloads with internet and location it should be placed, we will download all the packages/zip on machine (with internet) and make it available for Pro on server [without internet]

So that we can do this installation offline by making those available in respective location. Please let me know the package list and location Pro will looks for while it does with internet

As per your comment You will have to download the tar.bz file on a computer connected to the internet, : we have downloaded the .bz file as there is no internet on the server, please guide which location I should copy it?

0 Kudos
RahulMehta
New Contributor II

another option is please send me the url of packages to whitelist, we can get those url white listed on server

0 Kudos
RahulMehta
New Contributor II

was not able to clone python environment but I was trying to connect to Azure cloud from ArcPro , I was finally able to resolve issue by installation all the missing component in offline mode. I used to install one component based on error of Raster Proxy, then based on error used to download the nuget package.

ERROR cannot import name 'BlockBlobService'

The one which troubled a lot was storage and finally worked was "azure-storage-0.34.3.tar.gz ", was getting error with lastest verion as it did not had

Finally was able to connect to cloud from ArcPro