North arrow exporting to pdf upside down, backwards, and tiny?

06-01-2018 06:24 AM
HayleyRosado
New Contributor

I'm exporting several layouts attached to one map to pdf from ArcGIS Pro.  In most of the maps (8.5x11 maps), the north arrow exports fine, but in three of the maps (all the 11x17 maps), the north arrow exports upside down, backwards, and tiny (~0.5mm across.  I'm trying to figure out how or why this is happening.  I have tried deleting and re-adding the north arrow, I have tried associating the north arrow with both my regular map and its inset, I have tried manually resizing the arrow, and it keeps exporting like this.  I have attached three screenshots, one showing the north arrow as compared to the scale bar as it appears in ArcGIS Pro, one showing the pdf with the scale bar, and the north arrow appearing as a tiny little speck above it, and the third zoomed in all the way to the pdf showing that it is upside down and backwards.  Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I'm using ArcPro 2.0.1 on a Windows 10 machine, using an Enterprise license.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What happens if you open a map that exports properly, delete its layers and add the desired layers (from the culprit map) to it, and export to PDF? If it works fine, you could save as a different file.

Think Location
0 Kudos