New Locator's Metadata doesn't move with the Locator

Jump to solution
01-28-2022 09:14 AM
MaureenKerr
New Contributor II

Hi

I have created a few new Locators on Pro 2.6.8 and added Metadata to them, but when I take a copy of the Locator and paste it into a different folder the Metadata disappears from the Copy. I tried the same with a FGDB and it copied over fine

The reason for all this moving is that I want to update a scratch version then move it in and replace the live version with. 

Has anyone experienced anything like this before or can give me some hints as to where I might be going wrong in the Metadata creation process?  I just right click, Edit Metadata, then make my edits in the new window then Save Metadata a the end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maureen

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@MaureenKerr This seems like a bug and the only workaround from an automated standpoint is to use standard Python to copy the metadata xml file associated with the locator (.loc, .loz).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@MaureenKerr Which tool did you use to build the locator you created metadata for? Are you copying and pasting in Windows File Explorer or using the Copy geoprocessing tool?

0 Kudos
MaureenKerr
New Contributor II

Hi Shana I used the Pro Create Locator Tool and I was copying and pasting the Locator within the Pro Catalog from one folder to another. Thanks for coming back to me 

0 Kudos
MaureenKerr
New Contributor II

I should add I intend to automate the update of these locators and will be using ArcPy.Copy_management tool

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@MaureenKerr This seems like a bug and the only workaround from an automated standpoint is to use standard Python to copy the metadata xml file associated with the locator (.loc, .loz).

MaureenKerr
New Contributor II

Sorry for not getting back to you, Thanks for your help I think you are right I'll report it as a bug and maybe alter the python script for now.  Thanks again

0 Kudos