Myriad of problems with a .obj file.

02-01-2023 11:07 AM
Labels (1)
JimiGordon
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting and at this point I am about to beat my head against the wall over this issue. I am currently using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1. I used a program called Pix4D to process 4199 drone images, during the processing, there were multiple file types created including a dense-point-cloud.las, dsm.tiff, mesh.obj, orthomosaic.jgw, orthomosaic.jpg, mesh.jpg, mesh.mtl, and a mesh_offset.xyz. I have added each file type to the map and each one's placement is correct except for the mesh.obj. This file was added using the geoprocessing tool 'Import 3D Files'. It not only displays off the coast of Baja California (it should be near Gallup, NM), but when I 'Zoom to Layer' it disappears in chunks. Why is this happening, and can anyone provide a workflow for forcing the layer to show in the correct location? I am proficient with ArcGIS Pro basics as I usually create 2D maps exported as PDFs. I am in over my head working in 3D and had never heard of a .obj until now. I will include a short video of the disappearing layer, it probably means nothing, but I have never seen this before either.

2 Replies
ClaireCG
New Contributor II

Good afternoon Jimi!

We are encountering similar issues with obj files. Did you find a solution?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
JimiGordon
New Contributor
No, I just quit using them.
0 Kudos