My Model Builder no longer pulling data correctly

Jump to solution
02-14-2022 07:38 AM
KarenHoelscher
New Contributor III

I created some simple model builder to breakout data into layers by status. But when I ran the model this morning, I received no errors and it created the layers. BUT the output layers has all the data, the "Select Layer by Attribute" did not capture the statuses I had selected to pull over for each layer? NO error message given, ran like it normally does but the results are wrong? 

Has something changed with the Model Builder?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check these obvious steps?

Close all ArcGIS Applications and restart your system. Open ArcGIS Pro, and run the model again.

Think Location

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to add preconditions.

First Output should be a precondition for second step (Select Layer by Attribute).

Second Output should be a precondition for third step (Select Layer by Attribute).

JayantaPoddar_0-1644855043286.png

This will ensure the second selection starts only after the first output is created.

Think Location
0 Kudos
KarenHoelscher
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response JayantaPoddar! But I am confused I have ran these models for years and have never had this issue......is this something new that is required? I added preconditions (not sure if I did this correctly) but I'm still getting the same result......pull all the data into the new layers?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check these obvious steps?

Close all ArcGIS Applications and restart your system. Open ArcGIS Pro, and run the model again.

Think Location
KarenHoelscher
New Contributor III

I was pulled off this for a few days, so after being out of the application. I ran the models again this morning. They are all working perfectly just as they were originally, no changes. Guess it was some kind of clinch in the system. Thanks!

0 Kudos
KimGarbade
Occasional Contributor III

When you look at the table for the output RRI_NP.shp does it include just the records you would expect (I.E. just those that match your IN ('OUT-PUGH','PAID UP') query?  If so, check if the field you are symbolizing on in the TOC contains a domain.  In my experience sometimes all domain values get a symbol even if they are not represented in the table.

Just experimenting very quickly the only way I have found to suppress using all Domain values is if you choose "Unique Value" as your symbology type is by writing a custom Arcade script to limit it (below).  But there has to be a switch somewhere.  Maybe just delete the domain from the output layer.

KimGarbade_0-1644857948828.png

0 Kudos