Mosaic dataset failed - Connection to local worker service lost?

Jump to solution
09-20-2020 05:04 PM
xaviermurray
New Contributor II

Hi all,

got this error message when trying to mosaic a bunch of DSM raster datasets...

interestingly, I literally just successfully created a Mosaic Dataset of the DEM collection form the same area, in the same format.

can anybody enlighten me on what this means so i can troubleshoot?

cheers,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HamedFarzin
Esri Contributor

Hi Xavier, 

Local worker service is part of windows which ArcGIS Pro uses to utilise multiprocessing, might be something went wrong with windows. Please make sure you have installed ArcGIS pro patches. 

Failing to creat overviews might be something to do with files and permissions. Can you open mosaic dataset after loading DEM's and view it on ArcGIS pro? 

Cheers,

Hamed 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HamedFarzin
Esri Contributor

Hi Xavier, 

May I know what is the version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?  

It is possible one of the rasters (DEMs) pixel properties are not the same as mosaic dataset you have created, please try to add few at a time to isolate the issue 

Hope this help!

Regards,

Hamed 

0 Kudos
xaviermurray
New Contributor II

Thanks Hamed,

Version 2.6

ill have a go at tracking down the culprit.

interestingly enough it seemed to load all of the raster in, but fell over when trying to generate overviews / histogram / stats etc...

What does that connection to local worker service message mean by the way?

is that just a generic fault code for the script / tool failing?

cheers,

0 Kudos
HamedFarzin
Esri Contributor

Hi Xavier, 

Local worker service is part of windows which ArcGIS Pro uses to utilise multiprocessing, might be something went wrong with windows. Please make sure you have installed ArcGIS pro patches. 

Failing to creat overviews might be something to do with files and permissions. Can you open mosaic dataset after loading DEM's and view it on ArcGIS pro? 

Cheers,

Hamed 

xaviermurray
New Contributor II

Thanks Hamed,

so based on that info above, I changed the parallel processing factor to blank instead of 70 and the process worked...

to answer your question though I could end up opening the DEM mosaic dataset in pro - i just had to manually build the overviews and statistics/histogram. 

looks to be all good now, thanks for your help

0 Kudos