Model training failure in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
03-01-2021 11:44 AM
Labels (1)
MartyRyan
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro 2.7 Desktop - I started the "Train Deep Learning Model" tool - ran for 20 minutes and failed - message below:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 232, in <module>    execute()  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 170, in execute    data_bunch = prepare_data(in_folder, **prepare_data_kwargs)  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 926, in prepare_data    raise Exception("Could not infer dataset type. Please specify a supported dataset type or ensure that the path contains valid esri files")Exception: Could not infer dataset type. Please specify a supported dataset type or ensure that the path contains valid esri files

Failed to execute (TrainDeepLearningModel).

While I appreciate any help on this, I also noticed that the folder that stored all the output files from the "Export Training Data for Deep Learning" tool (images folder, labels folder, my .ecs file, my .emd file, etc are now all gone! I can't find them anywhere - did this model failure delete these files??

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try it live part of Automatic road extraction using deep learning tutorial · Issue #925 · Esri/arcgi...

similar issues which seem to relate to using outdated arcgis and/or data.

You might want to file an Issue there

Issues · Esri/arcgis-python-api (github.com)

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try it live part of Automatic road extraction using deep learning tutorial · Issue #925 · Esri/arcgi...

similar issues which seem to relate to using outdated arcgis and/or data.

You might want to file an Issue there

Issues · Esri/arcgis-python-api (github.com)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos