Merged existing layers with merge tool and tried to republish but lost all created_dates? Update: Apparently editor tracking is at fault?

08-05-2019 08:43 PM
WilliamNguyen
New Contributor

Hi all, I merged multiple layers of the same data but split into financial years. I have been using collector to collect this data, but realised I need to combine all financial years into 1 layer to make reporting easier on the operations dashboard.

I merged all the financial year layers in Arcpro using the merge tool which showed everything perfectly including created dates in the attribute tables. 

I then republished web layer to arcgis online (with Editor tracking and domains all filled in) but when I look at the layer in arcgis online and open an attribute table, all the created dates have been overridden with todays date? How do I keep the original dates from being overridden? I’m a bit shocked haha

Update: Apparently editor tracking is the culprit that is resetting all dates to the current day. Is there anyway around this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi William,

There is an enhancement request for this: [ENH-000088205: When publishing data from ArcMap to ArcGIS Online, allow for an option to not overwrite information about last edits.]

To get attached to that, you can contact technical support so that you can follow it.

WilliamNguyen
New Contributor

Thanks Kory for letting me know. I called tech support to attach my organisation to this. It s a bit frustrating that it seems to be a request that has been around for over 2 years.

Do you know if its at all possible to somehow combine all these past financial year layer with the current live layer so that I can report on them neatly onto one operations dashboard data source? Thats really my ultimate goal 

0 Kudos