Merge edit tool, buggy and non functional with 2.6

08-14-2020 11:51 AM
IanPryor1
New Contributor III

Simple edit task, merging two adjacent polygons, task fails with red warning text that it failed with no additional information. Hovering over the red error message does not pop-up any additional information. In the rare case when I can successfully merge adjacent features in Pro 2.6, the result is always a new multipart polygon irregardless if the polygons share a boundary or are overlapping.

Process works just fine in ArcMap 10.8 using the same source geodatabase and feature class.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ian,

Can you please provide an example of the error occurring? Perhaps a screenshot would help. If the issue is data specific, perhaps you can reach out to Esri Technical Support to share the data that reproduces it?

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
IanPryor1
New Contributor III

Scott,

The error is as described, a simple edit-merge fails with overlapping or adjacent polygons with no additional information provided in the Pro interface. The inserted screenshot shows an example. I cannot locate additional information why this process is failing, it just says failed. The same process with the same dataset will merge correctly in ArcMap 10.8.

Check geometry does not return any warnings. If i create a new empty feature class and trace in new features using the old feature class as the trace source, I can merge successfully so the issue does appear limited to some particular issue with the dataset.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ian,

I can't reproduce, but if you send me a map package of the data that repro's I can test it out. Sent it to sharris@esri.com

Thanks,

Scott