Map Series - Missing fields from table to designate as Name Field & Sort Field

Jump to solution
06-21-2021 10:12 AM
Labels (1)
AndySauls
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to create a Map Series based on this layer named "Still Alarms". There are multiple fields in this layer, but I am unable to see all of them as options in the Name Field and Sort Field dropdowns. I have other layers in this map that show all of the fields within each layer. Any ideas as to why the other fields in this "Still Alarms" layer are not visible?  Thanks 

AndrewSauls_0-1624295474490.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What other fields are available (See Fields)?

Please ensure other applicable fields for Name Field have data type Short Integar, Long Integar and Text.

Think Location

View solution in original post

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andy, 

According to the help topic "Create a spatial map series" the name field must be either an integer, long integer or a text field type.  

What are the field types for the fields you do not see in the drop down?  Might also be useful to know the source for the layer - is it a feature class from a file geodatabase?  Does it have a join?

Thanks, 

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What other fields are available (See Fields)?

Please ensure other applicable fields for Name Field have data type Short Integar, Long Integar and Text.

Think Location
AndySauls
New Contributor II

Ah, so I changed the field type to "Short" and it works. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andy, 

According to the help topic "Create a spatial map series" the name field must be either an integer, long integer or a text field type.  

What are the field types for the fields you do not see in the drop down?  Might also be useful to know the source for the layer - is it a feature class from a file geodatabase?  Does it have a join?

Thanks, 

Tom

AndySauls
New Contributor II

Yes, you are correct.

0 Kudos