Map Layout updating after panning in a Data Map view

Jump to solution
06-21-2019 09:46 AM
BrianWade
Occasional Contributor

Ok maybe I'm the idiot this morning, but inArcGIS Pro, how do I get my Layout to update its view to match my panning in the Data map view? in Arcmap10x, it automaticly(the Layout) reflects the new geographic view that I've panned to in my Dataview. am I missing a link layout to dataview setting?

I know I can delete my layout map frame and add a new one which will reflect my current view in the data frame but I really just want to pan to various places(in the dataview)frame, save a bookmark, print the layout, pan, save, print, etc in the dataview.

it's a simple thing that Im missing right?

Thanks

Brian

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Especially since you already mention saving bookmarks, just open the Manage Bookmarks pane and use your bookmarks to update the map's extent in the layout:

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Especially since you already mention saving bookmarks, just open the Manage Bookmarks pane and use your bookmarks to update the map's extent in the layout:

BrianWade
Occasional Contributor

Close to what Im looking for, I'll make it work, Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I saw the solution for creating a bookmark and then zooming to the bookmark.. But is there a way to make it live so that any changes in either the map or layout are reflected in the corresponding map/layout?

0 Kudos