Map Folder not available in Catalog Pane

11-16-2020 05:59 AM
ElizabethBazluke
New Contributor II

I have a staff member who cannot access their map folder, or add the map frame to a layout.

Typically when a new map is added to Pro, it is automatically added to the map folder in the Catalog pane. However, the entire folder is not available for this person. I have had them reinstall Pro and that did not fix the problem. Because of this error, they are not able to make a layout and have the map display. Attached are screenshots of the errror. 

Is this a simple fix? They are beginner users of Pro, so it is possible that they removed something on accident. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's very strange.  So the user inserts a new map view and the Catalog Pane does not add the Map folder nor sees the map?  Correct?  Sometimes with very strange things like this I recommend that you rename the Esri folder in the C:\users\user_profile\appdata\local and C:\users\user_profile\appdata\roaming to Esri_Old.  Then restart ArcGIS Pro and try the workflow again.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
Amber_Support
Esri Contributor

Hello @ElizabethBazluke

Is the user able to make a connection to the folder that contains the map at all in the Catalog pane by right clicking Folders > Create New Folder Connection? 

0 Kudos
ElizabethBazluke
New Contributor II

I worked with the User yesterday to investigate. It seems that they are unable to add any connections to their Project. They ARE able to create new maps, but they don't appear in a map folder or are able to create a layout from there. They were also unable to open the GDB created for their project (red exclamation mark, screenshot attached). 

It also appears that they are missing their servers folder as well, and we received an error message when I had them save a project in a new location (making sure the project is saved locally on the harddrive and not at all using our servers). (error message attached). 

0 Kudos
Amber_Support
Esri Contributor

Hello @ElizabethBazluke 

In regards to the Failed to load systems tools error, the documentation below provides steps you can take to try and resolve this error:

With the red exclamation mark showing up in your Catalog, this means that there could be an issue when you try to browse their contents, the database or server may be unavailable or new credentials may be required. Below there is documentation on this as well:

0 Kudos
ElizabethBazluke
New Contributor II

I think I am most concerned with the fact that the user had recently installed Pro, uninstalled, and attempted to reinstall and had all of these errors. I haven't encountered any problems with any other users. Rather than try all of these fixes, it seems like there was some sort of error potentially with where the program was installed on the computer? 

I will ask them to try the second solution for the python script. However the repair project items idea is invalid as nothing had moved up to that point or been added, there is simply an error with nothing within the database to repair. It was a new project and an error automatically appeared? 

0 Kudos