Manually georefererence image based on Northing, Easting, Elevation, Phi, Omega, Kappa data

Jump to solution
02-02-2023 09:44 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

I have a directory of about 800 tiffs without any geo reference information, but was also provided an Excel doc with the intended datum and coordinate system, as well what I assume to be the arcthe required information for each image.  

The columns in the Excel doc are Easting, Northing, Orthometric Elevation, Phi, Omega, and Kappa.   

I am curious which Pro tool I need to use to add spatial information to the images (so I can add them to a map, create orthomosaics, publish, etc. etc.). 

If not easily done in Pro, I can also use Python / Arcpy to do the same, I'm just not sure what I need to do.

Example: 

Flight LineImage #EastingNorthingOrthometirc ElevationPhiOmegaKappa
111767185.381390437.09334112.756424-1.068121-3.124987-63.358142
121768146.527390866.87914098.4269896.587689-4.682265-61.321469
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

are you looking for information on creating an ortho mapping workspace?  There are several types in the help files and they popped up with a search using phi, omega and kappa

Here is an example of one type, check the left help pane for more examples

Create an ortho mapping workspace for scanned aerial imagery—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory

Thank you - this has helped me get in the right direction - it's a little confusing (being brand new to imagery workflows) because I don't believe this imagery is "scanned" in the way I'm thinking about it, but I guess the lack of spatial information in the tiffs means I should treat it as such. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

are you looking for information on creating an ortho mapping workspace?  There are several types in the help files and they popped up with a search using phi, omega and kappa

Here is an example of one type, check the left help pane for more examples

Create an ortho mapping workspace for scanned aerial imagery—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory

Thank you - this has helped me get in the right direction - it's a little confusing (being brand new to imagery workflows) because I don't believe this imagery is "scanned" in the way I'm thinking about it, but I guess the lack of spatial information in the tiffs means I should treat it as such. 

0 Kudos