Manholes not showing underground in the web scene on portal

Jump to solution
08-10-2021 05:47 AM
IramIrshadBaqri
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to publish a 3D manhole layer to the ArcGIS enterprise however it shows it above the ground and not under. 

Unfortunately, at the moment I am unable to publish it as a web scene or web layer due to Error: ERROR: code:500, Service Hosted/<map service name>/MapServer not found , Internal server error. 

So, I tried publishing it using the tool: Share as Point Scene Layer Package and Share as 3D Object Scene Layer Package. However, when using these tool I have to remove the base extrusion property for it to successfully publish from ArcGIS Pro. 

The layer publishes as scene however they appear above the ground even with Absolute height set as elevation. 

I have tried countless times in hope of it to appear underground with only slab showing above the ground but no luck yet. 

The ground transparency has been reduced to see below the ground assets, This is in ArcGIS pro using base extrusion. If I remove this property and publish as a point scene layer package it appears above the ground. With multipatch it turns into tubes and hence I cannot visualize them as cylindrical manholes in the web scene on portal. 

IramIrshadBaqri_0-1628599486568.png

Can someone please advise. Will really appreciate it. 

Kind Regards,

Iram 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IramIrshadBaqri
New Contributor II

Solved: I just had to use Adjust 3D Z tool for the manholes to appear underground without base extrusion property used and I was able to publish it. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IramIrshadBaqri
New Contributor II

Solved: I just had to use Adjust 3D Z tool for the manholes to appear underground without base extrusion property used and I was able to publish it. 

0 Kudos