Making a barrier to harvest water

Jump to solution
08-08-2022 03:30 AM
kurdishbrwar
Occasional Contributor
Making a barrier to harvest water
Greetings to all
I have been trying for a long time to determine a water reservoir to collect water and determine the size of the lake that can be formed from this barrier or dam built on the riverbed. Are there any ideas on this topic or a video to help make a dam project and determine the size of the lake that may result from the construction of this dam? Thank you very much. Thanks
Your friend Sabah Al Barwari.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JohannesBierer
Occasional Contributor III

Only an idea for a very simplified solution could be to insert the height of the dam into your digital elevation model and then run the fill tool of the spatial analyst? Maybe if you then use the minus tool between filled dem and the original dem you will hopefully get the resulting lake extend and the height of the water in each cell?

Or maybe this can help you?

https://learn.arcgis.com/de/projects/predict-floods-with-unit-hydrographs/

View solution in original post

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

See my answer on GIS stack exchange here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohannesBierer
Occasional Contributor III

Only an idea for a very simplified solution could be to insert the height of the dam into your digital elevation model and then run the fill tool of the spatial analyst? Maybe if you then use the minus tool between filled dem and the original dem you will hopefully get the resulting lake extend and the height of the water in each cell?

Or maybe this can help you?

https://learn.arcgis.com/de/projects/predict-floods-with-unit-hydrographs/

kurdishbrwar
Occasional Contributor
Greetings, I appreciate your wonderful response and the idea you presented as well as the link, I am working on it as well and will publish the result when it is finished. Greetings, and thank you very much, Mr. Johann Berer
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

See my answer on GIS stack exchange here.

kurdishbrwar
Occasional Contributor
Greetings, I appreciate your great response and the idea you presented as well as the link, I am working on it as well and will post the result when it is finished Greetings and thank you very much Mr. Duncan Hornby, I am working on these applications and your post and thank you
0 Kudos