Locate Pane Zoom Ratio

Jump to solution
03-14-2022 10:55 AM
ScottFraser_Key-West
New Contributor II

Using the Locate pane to find a location, upon clicking from the resulting list, it zooms to a ratio of 1:2,524.  I really need it to zoom to 1:270 so I don't have to keep manually zooming-in that close. 

Is there a setting somewhere allowing us to set this zoom ratio?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

Does your Locate Pane look like this?  When I go through the list right-clicking on each and choosing Zoom To, the scale is different for each, sometimes zooming in, sometimes zooming out.  If I right-click and choose Pan To, the scale doesn't change.

BryndaHatch_0-1647290008257.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

Could you try Pan To instead of Zoom To, so the zoom level stays the same?

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

It will zoom to the entire extent of line/polygon features, but for points, 

however, when zooming to a single selected point, the view zooms in a fixed percentage.

However, I noticed that each time you press the "zoom to" button, it zooms in to the "next" fixed percentage level.

I do not see anything about modifying this behavior.

I normally just click it once to center/zoom to, then I type 270 in the scale box and hit enter.

R_

0 Kudos
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

Does your Locate Pane look like this?  When I go through the list right-clicking on each and choosing Zoom To, the scale is different for each, sometimes zooming in, sometimes zooming out.  If I right-click and choose Pan To, the scale doesn't change.

BryndaHatch_0-1647290008257.png

ScottFraser_Key-West
New Contributor II

Cool!  I wasn't even aware there was a right-click option with the results list.  

Thanks Brynda

0 Kudos
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

Check out this page: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/navigation/map-scales-and-scale-properties.htm

find the section marked: Zoom to predefined scale list

Maybe something on that page can help.