Lisence : Which type is suitable for my business?

Jump to solution
02-27-2021 12:11 PM
Labels (1)
JimTopo
New Contributor

Hi. I m currently working for a constructions company as a land surveyor and I have to create an online map with polygons or points that represent the places of company's projects (past, present or future projects), giving some basic information. The map will be shared to everyone (public) through our web site. There s no need to be accurate (coordinates etc). Which type of arcigis pro license is suitable for this kind of project? Do you think that basic licensing with creator user type is enough? Thank you

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes if you aren't going to do any analysis or higher end database construction/maintenance

If you want to explore tools that you might use in Arctoolbox, every toolset or extension has a licensing matrix.

For example Analysis toolbox licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

If there was a tool/functionality that you need that requires a higher license level, then factor it in.

But basic make a nice map using ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online should get you going.

I would check its help files as well.

Get started with ArcGIS Online—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Basic and AGOL would probably be fine. 

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes if you aren't going to do any analysis or higher end database construction/maintenance

If you want to explore tools that you might use in Arctoolbox, every toolset or extension has a licensing matrix.

For example Analysis toolbox licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

If there was a tool/functionality that you need that requires a higher license level, then factor it in.

But basic make a nice map using ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online should get you going.

I would check its help files as well.

Get started with ArcGIS Online—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JimTopo
New Contributor

Well actually I m thinking of a web app with some basic tools (measure, filter, printing, etc). No analysis at all. Really thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Basic and AGOL would probably be fine. 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos