License Manager with ArcGIS PRO

Jump to solution
05-07-2015 10:04 AM
FranciscoAcosta_Bazán
New Contributor III

Anyone knows details?:

..In an enterprise environment, ArcGIS License Manager can also host and distribute enterprise single-use licenses or ArcGIS Pro named user licenses via a Portal for ArcGIS instance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If your organization uses Portal for ArcGIS rather than ArcGIS Online, you can download an ArcGIS Pro license entitlement file from My Esri, import this to the License Manager, and then export a file to Portal for ArcGIS. Once the ArcGIS Pro entitlements are in the Portal, the Administrator can manage them just as is done in ArcGIS Online.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If your organization uses Portal for ArcGIS rather than ArcGIS Online, you can download an ArcGIS Pro license entitlement file from My Esri, import this to the License Manager, and then export a file to Portal for ArcGIS. Once the ArcGIS Pro entitlements are in the Portal, the Administrator can manage them just as is done in ArcGIS Online.

BryanPrice
New Contributor III

Royce, 

I am on week 3 of working with ESRI support (on & off) on an issue of using Portal Named Users / License Admin through firewall to public internet ArcPro users. and continue running into brick wall. do you have any experiance with this method that may shine some light? Ill reply with details if you have

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

@BryanPrice This is a very old post, you may want to create a new post for better visibility. 

Are your external ArcGIS Pro users trying to access the LM (concurrent) or Portal (Named User) for the license?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
BryanPrice
New Contributor III

Portal Named Users

- Bryan P

0 Kudos