Select to view content in your preferred language

Letters disappearing in layout text boxes

10-11-2023 12:19 PM
Labels (1)
mzhang
by
New Contributor III

Has anyone else experienced issues with letters disappearing in textboxes in Pro layouts? For example,  "outside" shows up as "outide" in the layout, so then I have to enter "outsside" in the element's text to get it to show up as it should.  I have some layouts with a lot of text and it happens sporadically. The only thing that helps seems to be typing the missing letter before or after the one that disappears and hoping the extra one sticks.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can prevent it? I'm using Pro 3.1.1.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @mzhang  , the text "outside" seems to work OK in a very basic test Layout. Are you using any particular layout sizes,  text strings, fonts, placements, rotations etc etc

ChrisUnderwood_0-1697107980693.png

0 Kudos
mzhang
by
New Contributor III

Hi @ChrisUnderwood it is pretty sporadic so I can't find a consistent cause. I've noticed it happening on multiple 11x17 layouts that have a lot of text boxes on the page, each with many sentences. The text is justified, but the problem persists even if I change it to right-aligned, left-aligned, etc. The font is Segoe UI. I inherited these layouts (which may have been originally imported from MXDs) so I don't know all the details of how they were built, but it looks like the text boxes are using the default settings.

0 Kudos