Legend not displaying layers

08-01-2021 10:26 AM
BenjaminHale
New Contributor

New to working with ArcGIS Pro.  I am trying to create a legend, but whenever I create one, none of the layers are displayed and I cannot drag the layers from the map frame into the legend.  If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be awesome.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
BenjaminHale
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  When I attempt to change the symbology of the layers, I am not given any options to change it.  I am using graphics layers.  It appears that there is supposed to be a way to select single symbol, dot density, etc, but that is not showing up for me.  Is there something different for graphics layers?  I am just trying to make a simple trail map, but it is appearing to be not so simple.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Benjamin, 

Graphics layers are not designed to show up in the Legend. This layer type is not supported.

If you wish to display symbols you've used you a graphics layers on a page layout in the form of a legend you will need to either use graphics on the layout (with the same symbols) and use these as a substitute for a legend or in addition to an existing legend; or you could create features on your map instead of graphics.

Hope this helps,

Tom

0 Kudos