Layer Symbology vs Legend Symbology

01-23-2017 01:01 PM
LoganSuhr_PSE
New Contributor III

I'm having some trouble with getting legend symbology for lines accurately represented in the layout legend by comparison to what the layer symbology defines in the map.  Specifically, when I have a dashed effect on the line with butt ends and a round join type, the legend item draws it as a dashed line with square ends and round join type.  From the best I can tell, round ends get converted to square ends as well.  The only fix, that I have found, is to convert the legend to graphics and change the end type for each affected layer.  This is a real pain.  Has anybody else experienced this?

ArcGIS Pro Legend Issue 1

I've replicated the issue on three different Pro projects.  I'm working with ArcGIS Pro v 1.4.  I did not experience this issue with v 1.3.  Of the three Pro projects I tested, two came from v1.3.  One is a new v1.4 project.

Really I just want to know if others experience this before I log a bug.

Thanks!

2 Replies
AliForrester
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue with dashed line symbols in the legend after upgrading to Pro 1.4.  I think i'm just going to downgrade back to 1.3 until they some of these bugs worked out.

0 Kudos
PatrickGross
New Contributor II

I'm having this issue on 2.0. You're right, the legend lines are being symbolized with square ends and not butt ends.

0 Kudos