Layer item styling

02-11-2021 06:19 AM
Labels (2)
gred4
by
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a styling issue with the legend in layout. The symbology color does not come up on the same line as the layer name. 

The arrangement dropdown does not have the options. Could you point me in the right direction?

gred4_0-1613052843224.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Try this:

right-click on the legend -> properties -> 'Legend Items' dropdown Show Properties box - > 'Show' dropdown -> adjust tickboxes (probably change to just have 'label' ticked)

0 Kudos
gred4
by
New Contributor II

Hey David, 

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I tried that, and didn't work. I figured out on of the issue. The layer is a raster dataset, with one attribute value. When I turn off the headings, and label, I am left with the current image. When I turn off layer name, only the color patch is seen. 

It

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

If you go to the symbology pane of the raster, can you change the label in the classified tab?

0 Kudos
gred4
by
New Contributor II

I tried changing the primary symbology with different options. It still has the same effect. 

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Greg, 

You should be able to get the label to draw next to the symbol patch by having the Label (or layout name) checkbox toggled on and the Layer name and Headings checkboxes toggled off as seen in the example below.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 053457.png

If this does not work for you there may be something particular with the data or with the raster layer properties.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Kudos