LAS to Raster via modelbuilder, cant change interpolation type

02-24-2020 05:48 AM
JosuaInauen
New Contributor

Hello,

I built a model for creating nDSM in modelbuilder. I`d like to use the interpolation type "triangulation" with method "natural neighbor". When I confirm those settings within modelbuilder on the tool LAS Dataset to Raster and click ok, it directly switches back to "binning" interpolation type... does anyone know why it does this?

The tool works fine outsite modelbuilder.

interpolation type triangulation selectedafter clicking ok and re-opening-> interpolation type binning

The model:

constrained LAS to nDSM

Thx in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you try setting the interpolation method as a parameter?

Model parameters—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

0 Kudos
JosuaInauen
New Contributor

yes, it also switched back to binning. I tried setting the thinning type to "window size", clicking ok, then switching back to "no thinning". This seems to bypass the problem, however, unfortunately, the next one appears^^ If I create a new project in a different file path, with a copy of the same data and toolbox / model, it seems that it cant apply surface constraints anymore:

<- nDSM should look like this

<- surface constraints

<- instead, it looks like this

If the model is executed via modelbuilder / edit pane 1x, the nDSM output is incorrect (see above), but validating and running the model again leads to the desired result.

Repeating this process / running the model twice via geoprocessing tab doesnt work... this is a little inelegant, any ideas of what I could have done wrong?

0 Kudos
JosuaInauen
New Contributor

After comparing the logs after a first and second run of the tool, I noticed the following difference:

Executing (Make LAS Dataset Layer): MakeLasDatasetLayer C:\Users\josua\Desktop\BA_GIS\experi19Au\Temp\LasDataset.lasd ground_points 2 'Last Return';'Single Return';'First of Many';'Last of Many';1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;11;12;13;14;15 INCLUDE_UNFLAGGED INCLUDE_SYNTHETIC INCLUDE_KEYPOINT EXCLUDE_WITHHELD C:\Users\josua\Desktop\BA_GIS\experi8Au\au8experi19Au\au19.gdb\Surface_Constraints INCLUDE_OVERLAP

The tool Make LAS Dataset Layer tries to get the surface constraints from an older project location (experi8Au) and updates / applies the current constraints polygon (experi19Au) only after running the tool once. Unchecking the box below causes the model to not use any surface constraints at all. The tool should use the surface constraints previously generated within the tool the first time... How can I change this?

<- Old path within a new project, before executing tool once

0 Kudos