Landuse land cover for my study area

Jump to solution
10-21-2021 01:28 PM
KateEkhator74
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have been trying to create a land use land cover using data I downloaded from USGS earth explorer. The data is MCD12Q1. One of the instruction for adding the data to my map suggested I select the subdata set ID to for classification purpose before adding to the map. But I have not been able to select the subdata set in ArcGIS pro. I tried running a geoprocessing tool using extract subdataset and it keeps on giving an error message. Please can anyone help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Don't add the data to ArcGIS Pro first.  For Input Multidimensional Raster, browse to the HDR file location and add the file. Then you can see all the variables.

If you add it to ArcGIS Pro first, only the first variable gets added.

Think Location

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ThomasHamill
Occasional Contributor II

@KateEkhator74, is your study area in the United States?  I might suggest you try the MRLC National Land Cover Dataset (NLCD) for 2019 since it may be more recent than the MODIS-derived product you're using, as far as I can tell.  Spatial resolution is relatively coarse, but if you're study area covers a wide extent it may be appropriate for your application.

Kindest Regards,

t
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, use Make Multidimensional Raster Layer (Multidimension)—ArcGIS Pro. Choose the desired variables.

JayantaPoddar_0-1634851892345.png

Think Location
KateEkhator74
New Contributor III

Hello,

Thanks for responding. I have tried using the make multidimensional raster layer tool, I still can't make the selection. It comes out with just one option and I would like to select LC_Type1. I have attached a screenshot.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Don't add the data to ArcGIS Pro first.  For Input Multidimensional Raster, browse to the HDR file location and add the file. Then you can see all the variables.

If you add it to ArcGIS Pro first, only the first variable gets added.

Think Location
KateEkhator74
New Contributor III

Thanks this worked. 

0 Kudos