Select to view content in your preferred language

Labelling of bar chart x-axis labels in full

Jump to solution
05-24-2019 01:51 AM
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

Hi there

I am having trouble creating a stacked bar chart that displays my x-axis labels in full. It seems that after 10 character spaces, the name is truncated and '...' is added at the end of the name.  See below example. 

Changing font size of axis labels has no effect. 

I first thought this may be a limitation of Pro's great charting functionality but then I saw a bar chart that Flora Vale had created for a Dev Summit tech workshop last year, while discussing Pro's charting functionality, where the x-axis label's were displayed in full. See below screengrab from that presentation on charts where District of Columbia is 20 characters long. 

So I suspect it is possible and I would like to improve may bar chart before sharing it. I would therefore appreciate any advice or pointers from anyone that may have encountered a similar problem in the past. I have already checked out all the relevant help docs before writing. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What you're seeing is described by this bug: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyMTI3Ng==

I'd recommend subscribing to that which will provide you with notifications on status updates and also increment the count of affected users:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What you're seeing is described by this bug: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyMTI3Ng==

I'd recommend subscribing to that which will provide you with notifications on status updates and also increment the count of affected users:

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

Hi Kory

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated. 

Regards

Mervyn 

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Just in case you weren't subscribed, exciting to see that this will be fixed in Pro 2.5.  So look for that when it releases in Q1 2020.

0 Kudos