labelling and scaling - some points display, others don't

01-27-2022 11:13 AM
Labels (1)
BarbaraDabney
New Contributor III

New to GIS! Learning pretty much on my own. Inherited Cleaning Map with all attributes, symbology , etc. already set up. Want to fix the display of the points (manholes-red, rodholes-orange). You can see at the scale 1:676 the labels display but at 1:4092 they disappear. I don't see any individual settings that differ from the other manholes/rodholes that would make them display differently. Would appreciate some help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KristieReece
New Contributor III

I would check the placement properties on the labels as well as label weights. There could be a label buffer preventing them from drawing seeing that those two points are so close. It may also be a label weights setting as I noticed none of the other manhole labels overlap the numbered labels.

0 Kudos
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

It's likely that the label priorities are affecting the placement of your balloon callout labels. Moving that label class higher in the priority than the numbered point labels would place them before the numbered points. 

From the labeling tab on the ribbon, inside the Map group expand the More menu to find the label priority settings. 

JesseWickizer_0-1650033935630.png

You could also try increasing the Maximum offset of the callout labels to give them more available places to place the callouts if they don't fit at the preferred offset distance. 

JesseWickizer_1-1650034155694.png

0 Kudos