Select to view content in your preferred language

Label expressions for callout options

12-08-2022 08:17 AM
piratecheese
New Contributor III

I'm starting to experiment with label expressions in Pro.  I was able to create the image below using expressions to have the barcode font and normal font below in the same label. 

piratecheese_1-1670515027290.png

My boss was impressed and now wants to know if I can make the callout boarder and lead-line conditional. The feature.field that feeds the blue text is a domain with T,F,G,S or B. 

I'm looking for something along the lines of

IIF(feature.field = t, <CALLOUT> backgroundOutlineColor = [RGB dark green] +  leaderLineColor = [RGB dark green]</CALLOUT>, [nested IIF() for feature.field= f,g,s and b]

Final clarification, I'm looking for an expression that controls the options below. 

piratecheese_2-1670515999103.png

I've been told that using a popup, permanently displayed with HTML is an end around. If so, I'd like to see the documentation on doing that.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
piratecheese
New Contributor III

Recieved an email when looking for documentation on this

Wendy Harrison :

Hi,

At this time it’s not possible to change the background symbol using formatting tags and code.  You’ll be best to create different label classes with a sql query and then control the symbol that way.

Please submit an idea to our ideas site for this request.  Other like minded users can upvote it and they are reviewed regularly for user interest as we make plans for the upcoming releases of the software.

0 Kudos