Issues with Custom Grids

06-15-2022 12:46 PM
Labels (1)
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Was hoping to get some tips on how to make the custom grid actually usable. Right now it works incredibly inconsistently

1. I'll click to activate or turn a side vertical and nothing happens.
    1. Sometimes the check box will reflect the change sometimes it wont.
  2. Sometimes it will switch over and then the changes will just be lost and it'll revert back
  3. Sometimes changes are saved and sometimes they aren't

It is so incredibly frustrating that this just doesn't seem to work with any level of consistency. It also freaks out when I select the feature it should be using and getting the field names.

How does anyone get this thing to work?

Here is a screenshot you can see where I have the range disabled, but it doesn't do away! Like what else is that suppose to do?

ccowin_odfw_0-1655322467469.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi ccowin_odfw, 

Sorry you are running into problems using the custom grid. I believe you are running into -

BUG-000141980 Custom grids have poor performance when the visibility of edge is selected, and behave unexpectedly when Map Series is applied.

If you are not using this map in a map series - that is the map extent is not going to change - I would recommend converting the grid labels to graphics and removing those you do not want by hand until this issue is addressed.  We do hope to resolve in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback.

Tom

0 Kudos