Issues installing packages in ArcGIS Pro (2.9 or 3.0)

Jump to solution
08-15-2022 05:49 AM
JannekevanOorschot
New Contributor II

I have a question regarding installation of pacakges for python. I have cloned the arcgis pro environment, and I am trying to install Spyder and Geopandas. both are giving me errors, and fail to install, showing messages like: "Solving environment: ...working... failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.", and specifically for geopandas (not matter which version): "PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:
- geopandas=0.10.2 "

And for Spyder a whole bunch of conflicts (very long list, small part of it in screenshot)

I managed to install other packages (7za, as a test), but geopandas and spyder keep on failing. 

Does anyone know what is going wrong and a workaround? Is it a bug in ArcGIS Pro? I now switched to Jupyter instead of spyder which is fine, but I would like to use geopandas in here as well...

Thanks in advance, Janneke. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

for spyder, try installing version 5.1.5,

Anaconda updated to the wrong package (5.2.3) instead of the most recent (5.3.2)

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AndyAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

I didn’t have any issues with Spyder in AGP 2.9, but I also had trouble with GeoPandas. I haven’t tried AGP 3 yet.

— Andy

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

for spyder, try installing version 5.1.5,

Anaconda updated to the wrong package (5.2.3) instead of the most recent (5.3.2)

... sort of retired...
JannekevanOorschot
New Contributor II

Wow this worked, great, thanks! I tried a thousand things and the sollutions is so simple 🙂

0 Kudos
YvonneSorovacu
New Contributor II

I uninstalled and reinstalled ArcPro, updated ArcPro, made a fresh clone and chose spyder version 5.1.5. I also got rid of a the deep learning libraries before I did any of that because someone suggested it in another thread, not sure if that was relevant or not.  It finally worked after multiple iterations of other approaches. 

Best of luck!

JannekevanOorschot
New Contributor II

Hi Yvonne thanks for your reply, 5.1.5. was the sollution for me ! 

0 Kudos
YvonneSorovacu
New Contributor II

Great! I recently ran into issues with the debugger in SPyder 5.1.5 not working, so I'm trying to figure out how to deal with that now...🙄

0 Kudos