Issue viewing feature class made in ArcGIS Pro 1.3 in ArcCatalog/ArcMap 10.3

01-25-2017 10:35 AM
LayneSeely
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS Pro to build a setback layer for the waterways in Alberta.  I buffered the arcs (i.e. Streams - 629,041 records) and I am able to view it in ArcGIS Pro; however, I am not able to view it in ArcCatalog or ArcMap 10.3.  I set the buffer tool to dissolve everything into a single feature.  At this point I am wondering if I have hit some kind of vertex limit.

I forgot to mention that the data is stored in an FGDB created by ArcPro.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Where is the data being stored in Pro (e.g. SDE, file gdb, shapefile)?

Are you trying to bring the data created in Pro into Desktop from a lyr file created in Pro? (That is not possible as a Pro lyr file is not backward compatible in Desktop (at least in my testing)

0 Kudos
LayneSeely
New Contributor

hey Michael - no I haven't created a layer file (as far as I know).  I thought maybe you had something there, so I exported the data to the same FGDB and I cannot see it in ArcCatalog in the preview screen.  The attribute table says that there is 1 record, as it should be but there doesn't seem to be anything int he geography preview.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

How about trying the same operation on a much smaller subset of features?  Start small and work you way up to the full data set.

0 Kudos
LayneSeely
New Contributor

I might have to - I've been waiting days for the split tool to separate it down to 52 zones hoping to get back under some unknown vertex limit.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I performed the same workflow on a much smaller dataset (981 records) using Pro 1.4 and ArcMap/ArcCatalog 10.3.1 and I had no issues viewing the data in ArcMap/ArcCatalog 10.3.1.

0 Kudos