Is there the 'Create Contour' tool (ArcMap 3D Analyst toolbar) or similar tool in ArcGIS Pro?

03-29-2023 08:10 AM
Labels (2)
MDT
by
New Contributor II

I'm looking for the same or similar tool that is available in ArcMap 3D Analyst toolbar - 'Create Contour' that creates a single contour line based on the elevation of a selected raster cell. I can't find the tool in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0. I use this tool in flood plain mapping where a flood polygon is incomplete due to it being cut off by a predetermined delineation area boundary. The tool helps me to quickly complete the flood plain polygon by creating a graphic based on the raster elevation value at a specified point, that is used as a guide. Now that we are expected to migrate fully to Pro, I hope that this tool still exists somewhere, or maybe a different function or tool that can do the same thing.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PouranBehnia
New Contributor

I think it is called Contour in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
MDT
by
New Contributor II

Thanks PouranBehnia. The Contour tool creates contours from a complete surface. The tool I am referring to in ArcMap is within the 3D analyst interactive toolbox and allows you to click a point on a surface and a SINGLE contour is created that is based on the elevation at the click point. 

0 Kudos