Is there any way that I can put an image into my label?

Jump to solution
02-26-2021 06:34 AM
AndrewEastop
New Contributor III

Good Afternoon, I was hoping that someone may be able to help me...

Is there any way that I can put an image into my label?

In work we have a mobile mapping system which collects the street signs it drives past. We have turned this information into a shapefile. If you click on a point it will tell you what the sign is and what jpg image in our MMS it is linked to. Is there any way we can have the label linked to the 'Image File' folder to bring up the image when it is selected?

I apologise is this is a simple fix but I am an Arc novice.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you  

AndrewEastop_0-1614349611014.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Look into geodatabase attachments. If you add your points and photos into a file geodatabase, then enable attachments, you should see the image in the popup.

An overview of the Attachments toolset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Add Attachments (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Edit: Probably an easier way to do this, if your Photos are geotagged, is to use the Geotagged Photos to Points tool. This will handle creating the geodatabase attachments and points in a geodatabase.
GeoTagged Photos To Points (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Look into geodatabase attachments. If you add your points and photos into a file geodatabase, then enable attachments, you should see the image in the popup.

An overview of the Attachments toolset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Add Attachments (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Edit: Probably an easier way to do this, if your Photos are geotagged, is to use the Geotagged Photos to Points tool. This will handle creating the geodatabase attachments and points in a geodatabase.
GeoTagged Photos To Points (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

AndrewEastop
New Contributor III

great! Thank you very much!

0 Kudos